Doubly Delicious

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I was in Wheelock Place when I walked past The Big O and its counter of delicious looking cakes. In most other stores, I'd be really confused as to which to buy - cheesecake or chocolate mousse? Here, both of my favorites had been married into one slice - the Big O cheesecake. New York cheesecake topped with smooth chocolate mousse in an Oreo cookie crust - what could be better than that?

When I took my first bite, the words "Oh my God!" escaped from my lips. It was simply the best cake I have ever tasted ever. The cheesecake is creamy, smooth, rich and dense like real cheesecakes are supposed to taste, not light and full of air like some cheap ones do. The mousse has a real chocolate bar taste, not at all just too sweet brown gunk masquerading as chocolate.

The Big O Cheesecake

One slice costs S$6.95 and they had an ongoing promotion - for every slice of cake, you get a drink for free. I got a mocha cappuccino and it was the perfect chaser to the perfect cake.

No comments :